Friday, August 28, 2009

I love my work lunch time. Today I walked a couple blocks to Coco Cove in the beautiful, hot midday sun, squinting even through my sunglasses, and bought a salad (its a wonder to eat salads again) - my favorite salad lately. You can pick between iceberg, mixed greens, and spinach and then you get to put together a salad by pointing at what you want. The one I love love love is spinach with spiced grilled chicken strips (little ones), mozarella cheese, salted sunflower seeds, fresh blueberries and strawberries, and one spoon of papaya seed dressing. Getting a bite of strawberry in a salad is surprising and makes my whole mouth happy. Mm-ee mm-ee. I take the salad across the street upstairs to the second floor food court where there're lots of empty tables around 1pm. Right up through the center of the boutique mall is this HUGE tree with massive lights hanging from it. It's beautiful and there's always a good breeze. They also have flowers (bougainvilleas) and bushes bordering and overflowing the open spaces between levels (four floors). So I go there to eat almost everyday. And today I started a new book: "The Memory Keeper's Daughter." It was a pretty good first 5 pages. I'm excited to vege this weekend and read somemore. Hurray for the weekend. See you again next week :).

No comments: